Monday, April 18, 2011

Amar Gamal's Classes in Bridgewater

For the past several months, Amar Gamal has been in Massachusetts teaching beginner and continuing classes at the Maha Yoga Center in Bridgewater, MA.

Firstly, Bridgewater is extremely far from Boston.  With traffic, it's even further.  Luckily, I'm going down to Bridgewater with a friend, so the ride is a lot more enjoyable.

At an extremely reasonable price, it would have been crazy to say no to this opportunity to take weekly classes with a Belly Dance Super Star.  I'll be honest, I couldn't help but feel a bit star-struck.

She is an amazing dancer.  Absolutely graceful, poised, and precise.  Being in her class really makes me extremely aware of what I'm lacking or not doing right.

We're doing a series of combinations and then putting them all together.  Interestingly, I find myself able to pick up the combinations fairly easily.  However, I know I need to really clean up the moves and transitions.  I am proud of myself for keeping up with the lessons, though!

I am glad to have had such a diverse background in terms of dance teachers.  I feel like each one of them has helped to give me a strong foundation.  I'm excited to have Amar Gamal's teachings as part of my foundation as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...